When it comes to caring for children, we offer the best childcare for our families. Our trained au pairs can confidently take on the responsibility of keeping children safe, engaged, with a full understanding of what it means to be an au pair, being part of a family and how to follow house rules. A trained Smart Au Pair is well prepared for their Au Pair experience and offers our families even more value and reassurance that their children are in safe hands.
The online course covers various essential subjects, including:
- Understanding children: au pairs will learn about children's developmental stages, age-appropriate activities, and behaviour management.
- Basic childcare: au pairs will learn fundamental childcare skills, such as holding a baby, changing diapers, preparing bottles and food, getting children dressed, maintaining hygiene, bath time, and bedtime routines.
- Safety at home: au pairs will be educated on home safety basics, pet safety, dealing with natural disasters, and emergency responses.
- First aid and medical: this part includes knowledge about handling serious injuries and illnesses, cuts, scrapes, bleeding, head injuries, fractures, bumps, bruises, signs of abuse, burns, bites, stings, allergies, asthma, medication safety, poisons, choking, and more.
- Safety out and about: covers safety measures when going out with children, sun and heat exposure, car safety, water safety, using wheels, playground safety, backyard safety, and farm safety.
- Au pair training: provides detailed information on becoming an au pair, handling cultural differences, connecting with host families and new friends, understanding expectations, and ensuring personal safety
All our au pairs have completed comprehensive First Aid & Au Pair training. While it is a complimentary service for our au pairs, we extend a 10% discount to anyone interested in enrolling in this course
Why do the Frist Aid & Au Pair training course?
- Learn how to engage with kids of all ages.
- Gain confidence by knowing what to do in emergencies and how to manage children of different ages and live with a family.
- Develop skills in engaging children in age-appropriate activities and behaviour management strategies.
- Learn the basics of handling emergencies and preventing accidents.
- Understand the demands, expectations, and benefits of being an au pair.
Why host families prefer au pairs with training?
- Au pairs who have completed the training are better equipped for the demanding role of an au pair.
- Au pairs with this training possess the essential skills and knowledge required to ensure the safety and engagement of their children.
- The commitment to finishing the course signifies an au pair's genuine dedication to the critical role of nurturing and safeguarding children.
- Understanding the expectations and dynamics of living with a family in a foreign country fosters smoother transitions and stronger bonds.
The course typically takes around 8 hours to complete. You have the flexibility to go at your own pace, and you can log on and off at your convenience.
Every Smart Au Pair will be provided with a personalised access link to the First Aid & Au Pair online training. You will receive this link via email once you are officially matched with an Australian family.
If you are interested in taking this course and are not currently a Smart Au Pair, please refer to the question below.
If you are not a Smart Au Pair but want to do this First Aid & Au Pair online training, we can offer you a 10% discount via this link the course normally costs 100 aud. All our Smart Au Pairs receive a personal link to access their free training.
If you run into any issues or have questions, please contact Sittertrain via firstname.lastname@example.org. They are here to assist you with the training.
The course is designed for everyone to succeed. You are required to achieve a minimum score of 80% on each quiz to progress to the next section. If you do not pass on your first attempt, you can review the information and attempt the quiz again.
It is important to complete the course before you start with your host family. This will ensure that you are well-prepared for your role as an au pair.
For all our Smart Au Pairs it is a free online course, normally it costs $100 aud.